Well it finally happened. I got my first tag! Thank you Mojoreb for the nomination. One, I think these are a really great way to break up a continuous stream of reviews (which I’ve been on a roll lately so this was necessary), and two, I love love love learning about my fellow book-bloggers. There is such a diverse background to each and every one of us and I very much enjoy being a part of and learning more about this community and everyone in it.
Alright, so 7 facts about me:
- I taught myself how to read when I was 3 years old (don’t even ask me how because I really couldn’t tell you).
- I love heights, but have a severe fear of falling from heights, which makes for an interesting experience, because while half of me is enjoying the scenery up high, the other half of me is imagining my certain death if I were to fall.
- The library in the Beast’s castle from Beauty and the Beast is my DREAM library, as I’m sure it is for many people. I mean, the whole castle is kind of my dream house, but I really want the library.
- I’m actually in the design stages of my own actual library in my house (nowhere near the size of my dream one). My color scheme is going to be white, grey and lavender and that’s about as far as I’ve gotten with it. The first step is really just cleaning that room out and for obvious reasons, I’ve been putting it off.
- I read/listen to a combination of physical books, e-books and audio books. Audio books are my least favorite, but physical and e-books are tied for first because I really just can’t decide which one I like more. I like the convenience of digital books but nothing beats having a hard copy of a book in your hand.
- My reading is really based on my mood. I have to be in the mood for certain genres and if I find myself reading a genre that I’m not really in the mood for, the reading is really slow going and I’ll most likely put the book down to be revisited at a later time.
- I recently got a new job where my work volume severely decreased. I went from an environment where I barely had time to breathe during the day to an environment where I have so much extra time that I’ve been able to fit in a lot more blogging than normal. Hence the reason why some have you have seen so much from me lately.
I’ve seen a flurry of tags recently in all of the blogs that I do follow, so I’m going to hold off on tagging anyone in particular. But if anyone reading this really wants to participate, please consider yourself tagged by me. 🙂
7 thoughts on “Versatile Blogger Award”
Ooh designing your own library sounds AMAZING and omg I definitely want the Beast’s library too. But I also want the whole castle. 😉 I really want a library with sliding ladders and super ceiling-high bookshelves. I MEAN. 😍 NEED.
Also I love all the obok formats too!! Physical books win my heart for, like you said, holding a book in your hand is everything…but I absolutely love how easy it is to tote around ebooks. And I secretly adore audios a huge amount because I’m an auditory learner so I remember audios WAY better. 😂
I loved the tag and getting to know you!
Thanks Cait! For a real library to rival the Beast’s you should look up the Peabody library at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland. Talk about a hometown hero…
I would love the chance to design my own library! My husband knows it’s coming as soon as we buy a house! Haha 😉 he isn’t really a fan of my idea but who cares. I have WAY too many books not to.
This was a great tag, I always enjoy getting to know the people behind the screen. Happy reading!
I’ve only been pestering him about it FOREVER and he finally told me that if I got rid of everything in the room and did all the work myself, I could do it. DONE! Well not yet, but you know…. and thanks for checking me out! Somehow I had followed you on twitter but I didn’t on WordPress :-/, but never fear, I rectified that.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Lucky! My husband is very much a minimalist so he really can’t stand the face that I have books literally EVERYWHERE! He deals with it because it will never change…but eventually I’ll wear him down and he will just let me have it! haha.
Thank you for the follow! 🙂
Ok whoa, you’re designing your own library I’m high key very, very impressed by you already
It’s not a big room so it’s not super exciting. I’ll just be happy to get all of my books off of the floor and on to bookshelves. I’ll be sure to post pictures!
LikeLiked by 1 person