Alright so July is the perfect month to start my BOTM Club. The last month of school is over and it is officially summer reading season. I decided on Black Beauty for a couple of reasons:
- I love horses.
- I read this book so long ago (around 20 years ago) that I don’t even remember what it’s about except a girl and her horse.
- I already have a hard copy of this book.
- Horseback riding is mostly an outdoor activity and how appropriate considering that summer is the time for outdoor activities.
Alright, so my copy (which is one of those fancy Barnes and Noble leather bound classic editions) is only 250 pages long. My reading schedule is as follows:
- 7/1/17 – 7/8/17 – Chapters 1-12 (Week 1)
- 7/9/17 – 7/15/17 – Chapters 13 – 24 (Week 2)
- 7/16/17 – 7/22/17 – Chapters 25 – 36 (Week 3)
- 7/23/17 – 7/31/17 – Chapters 37 – 49 (Week 4)
There’s a reason why I said my reading schedule, because I’m going to do posts at the end of each week about the reading. Please feel free to read at your own leisure and comment on your own time.
I specifically wanted to do this book of the month so I could take a closer look at some of the books that I read since I read so many, so quickly. That’s another reason why I said I would start the BOTM Club with classics for the most part because those are the ones I always have to pay close attention to.
In case it’s not obvious – there will be spoilers in the weekly posts, so if you don’t like spoilers, be sure not to click on them.
So if you’ve always wanted to read Black Beauty or you’re a fan of Anna Sewell or you just want to read a book with someone, look for my posts in July and feel free to participate!
3 thoughts on “July’s BOTM – Black Beauty by Anna Sewell”
This is a really neat idea! Thank you for sharing! 🙂
I’m glad you like it! Thanks for reading!
LikeLiked by 1 person